Reading Scientific Services Limited (RSSL) is firmly established as a trusted partner in the provision of product development, analytical, consultancy and training services to clients in the food, consumer goods, pharmaceutical,
biopharmaceutical and healthcare sectors.
Our food consultants have a wide range of technical skills, knowledge and expertise. Examples of areas of expertise include:
- Expert advice to support claims, including expert witness representation
- Support in dealing with potential insurance related incidents
- Investigative consultancy after a product contamination, supporting you with root cause analysis to identify the immediate problem and work with you to develop corrective actions (physical – foreign bodies, chemical – allergens, taints, metals, biological hazards – naturally occurring toxins).
- Understanding and optimising your product’s structure and physical properties
- Incorporating functional ingredients into your products and optimising shelf life
- Functional food claim substantiation, due diligence and labelling
- Product and ingredient development, optimising formulations and troubleshooting product issues
- Quality improvement programmes encompassing both your suppliers and manufacturing facilities and quality systems such as HACCP
- Product authenticity, including speciation testing (meat, fish, milk), high value commodities such as coffee and culinary oils
- Risk assessment and risk mitigation
- HACCP health check, providing expert evaluation of current food safety management systems
If you have a food, drink or consumer goods related project where you are unsure what the solution could be, please contact us, we will work with you to find a solution.
Follow us on Social Media: