This course covers the importance of handling hazardous substances safely in the workplace.
Following the RSPH Level 2 Health & Safety in the Workplace it covers some of the typical chemical substances which could cause harm in the workplace and how to identify the new warning labels.
- The COSHH acronym
- Examples of hazardous substances in the workplace
- Warning labels (European and International symbols)
- How substances can enter the body
- Use of data sheets
- REACH regulations
By the end of this module you will be able to:
- State the meaning of the acronym COSHH
- Give examples of some common hazardous substances
- Explain the meaning of a variety of warning labels
- State what information would be found in a data sheet
Who is it suitable for?
Any individual works directly with or could encounter hazardous substances in the workplace.
30 – 45 minutes.
Member - £18+VAT per person
Non-Member - £21+VAT per person
All e-learning course prices are quoted for 1-9 licences.
Discounts are available for bulk purchases of 10+ licences.
Please contact the SOFHT Office for further information on +44 (0)1827 872500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org