This course offers relevant training and certification to meet today’s increasingly high food safety standards. It covers all legally required areas, such as bacterial growth, food contamination and storing, preparing, cooking, and serving food safely. It also provides an in-depth understanding of the risks created when food safety and hygiene standards are neglected.
This course covers
- Food contamination and the best practices with regards to controlling food hazards.
- The sources of bacteria and where these can be found.
- Bacterial growth and the specific factors that enhance bacterial growth in low-risk and high-risk foods.
- How food poisoning occurs through the consumption of unsafe foods and how to reduce and remove contamination risks. Also included in this module is a section on Allergens and Natasha’s Law.
- The role of an Environmental Health Officer and their responsibility in protecting public health.
- How food safety risks arise in different areas, from purchasing food to storing, cooking, and serving it. Including (HACCP).
- How kitchen design can increase the chance of contamination and food safety risks.
- How poor personal hygiene can affect the standard of food produced.
- The importance of cleanliness and regular cleaning of workstations as a legal requirement.
- Pest control and how a breach of legal standards can reduce a company’s professional status and food hygiene rating.
Who is it suitable for?
Anyone working in any discipline of the catering sector and can be taken by individuals who don’t only handle, prepare and serve food, but also those who transport food in vehicles.
Approximately 4-5 hours.
- Member - £18+VAT per person
- Non-Member - £21+VAT per person
All e-learning course prices are quoted for 1-9 licences.
Discounts are available for bulk purchases of 10+ licences.
Please contact the SOFHT Office for further information on +44 (0)1827 872500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org