This course builds on the basic principles of HACCP and the role that the committed food handler plays in the food safety management systems of the operation.
The content includes the twelve steps for implementing HACCP as well as the Codex Principles which enable an effective HACCP system to be developed and implemented.
Training Course Content:
This course is made up of the following modules:
An Introduction to Level 2 HACCP in Understanding
This section introduces the learner to the course. It looks at how food hygiene in all food processes is critical to ensure food remains safe for consumption. Any company involved in the manufacturing, processing or handling of food products can use HACCP. This course will help you, as a food-handler, to play your part in understanding your role and the importance of implementing a HACCP system.
Module 1 – An introduction to HACCP and Hazards Associated in the Food Industry
This module explores what HACCP is, it’s origins and how was developed. It looks at different food hazards and the dangers of contamination and cross-contamination. It also covers personal hygiene, PPE and legal requirements.
Module 2 – Implementing HACCP
This module looks at how to implement successful HACCP systems into a food business. It looks at the five steps of implementing HACCP, who should write the company’s HACCP plan and how to produce a HACCP plan.
On completion of the course lessons and training material an online assessment will automatically unlock. The assessment will contain 30 multiple-choice questions and a mark of 75% or above will be required to pass.
The assessment will be marked instantly and so you will know straight away if you have passed or not. If you don’t pass first time there’s no need to worry. Unlimited resits at absolutely no additional charge are available so you can retake the assessment again as many times as you need to.
On completion of the course, you should be able to:
- Understand the origins of HACCP and its importance within the food industry
- Know who should write a HACCP plan and what is included
- Know the importance of maintaining HACCP documentation
- Identify what is included in food hygiene laws
- Know what Critical Control Points (CCPs) are and how to implement them
- Know the 14 main food allergens and how to handle them safely
- Understand the importance of preventing contamination and cross-contamination in HACCP systems
- Identify food safety hazards and be able to control them effectively
- Understand the role that cleaning and disinfection plays in a HACCP system
Member - £23+VAT per person
Non-Member - £27+VAT per person
All e-learning course prices are quoted for 1-9 licences.
Discounts are available for bulk purchases of 10+ licences.
Please contact the SOFHT Office for further information on +44 (0)1827 872500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org