The BRC Global Standard for Food Safety is the most widely used of the commercial standards for assuring production of safe food.
The eagerly anticipated ‘Issue 8’ is the new update, which is released in August 2018. First audits will be conducted against this from 01 February 2019.
One of the most noticeable visible change is that there are now eight sections instead of the historical seven sections, with an additional ninth section which is a voluntary module. The eighth section relates to ‘Production Risk Zones’ and ninth voluntary module section relates to ‘Traded Goods’. The original core seven sections are as per previous versions, covering: Senior Management Commitment; HACCP; Food Safety and QMS; Site Standards; Product Control; Process Control; and Personnel, with amendments and new clauses incorporated into a number of sections and clauses.
The changes are:
- Food safety and quality culture
- Changes to supplier approval and monitoring
- New requirements for food defence
- Changes to environment monitoring
- Updates to other sections such as:
- The need to validate cooking instructions and shelf-life
- Training on labelling procedures
- Cyber security related to documents, records and equipment settings
- Understanding the significance of laboratory results
- Traceability procedures
- Defining Root Cause Analysis
The session will offer a top level overview of BRC Issue 8.
Places are limited to 25 delegates to ensure that this remains an intimate and
informative 1/2 day programme for all.
Cost: £50 + VAT (Members), £85 + VAT (Non-members), £15 +VAT (Students) per delegate
Venue: SOFHT Office, The Granary, Middleton House Farm, Tamworth Road,
Middleton. B78 2BD.
Continental breakfast buffet and Certificate of Attendance are included in the price.