Currently the Food Information Regulations 2014 require food outlets preparing food on their own premises to give allergen information on signs, on shelves, or verbally, if the food is prepared on the same day in an onsite kitchen.
Whilst this section of the Regulations may accommodate small and medium sized businesses, where, for example, sandwiches are made to order, it is totally inadequate for busy, large scale, fast turnover high street food businesses.
Whilst those living with allergies must be vigilant on their own behalf, the broader food industry needs to do more than just the bare minimum when it comes to catering for the allergic community.
In this meeting, we will discuss new proposals for allergen legislation and the challenges for the food industry.
Simon Flanagan – RSSL
Adapting to the evolving challenges in allergen risk assessment and management
- Challenges for industry in allergen management
- Consumers at the forefront of risk analysis
- Intentional Labelling of allergens vs unintentional allergen presence
- Principles of allergen risk analysis
- FSA Consultation on new allergen legislation
Liz Moran – Eurofins
Sampling, analysis and interpretation of results, plus compliance from a food safety enforcement perspective
- Current enforcement of food information legislation relating to allergens
- Cross-contamination and sampling considerations
- The role of the public analyst in allergen testing
- Assessment of compliance when low-level allergens are detected
- Proposed changes to allergen legislation
Places are limited to 25 delegates to ensure that this remains an intimate and information 1/2 day programme for all.
09:00 – 09:30 - Arrival & Registration (including Continental Breakfast Buffet)
09:30 – 09:40 - Introduction to SOFHT
09:40 – 10:25 - Simon Flanagan
10:25 – 10:45 - Q&A
10:45 – 11:15 - Coffee Break
11:15 – 12:00 - Liz Moran
12:00 – 12:20 - Q&A
12:30 - Close
£50 + VAT (Members), £85 + VAT (Non-members), £15 + VAT (Students) per delegate.
9:30am – 12:30pm
SOFHT Office, The Granary, Middleton House Farm, Tamworth Road, Middleton, B78 2BD.
Continental breakfast buffet and certificate of Attendance are included in the price.