Online Training Course
The Society of Food Hygiene and Technology is offering this Level 4 HACCP for Management Course for both food manufacturers and caterers in a flexible ‘Fast Track’ format to enable busy senior managers in the food industry to secure quality training without having to leave their business for consecutive days at a time.
Who Should Attend?
The Level 4 Award in HACCP for Management (CODEX Principles) (RQF) is aimed at learners who are working at management level within food manufacturing and catering environments, quality assurance staff or members of the HACCP team. This qualification would also be useful for trainers, auditors, enforcers and other food safety professionals. The objective of the qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge needed to develop, implement and evaluate CODEX-based HACCP food safety.
Unlike other Level 4 HACCP training courses where modules are taken consecutively often meaning senior staff have to be off-site for a whole week, modules in SOFHT’s five-day food HACCP course will be run one day a week over five consecutive weeks (30 guided learning hours).
Day 1: Friday 14th April 2023
Day 2: Friday 21st April 2023
Day 3: Friday 28th April 2023
Day 4: Friday 5th May 2023
Day 5: Friday 12th May (revision and exam)
How Is The Qualification Assessed?
This qualification is assessed by a written examination that must be completed within 2.5 hours. The examination consists of 2 sections. Learners must achieve 60% in each section to be awarded an overall pass. Marks from both sections of the exam will be added together to determine the learner’s overall grade. Learners will achieve a merit with a total overall score of 70-79 (70%) and a distinction with a total overall score of 80-100 (80%).
- Introduction to HACCP and Food Safety Management Systems
- HACCP and Legislation
- Food Safety Management Certification Schemes
- Management Commitment
- Prerequisite Programmes and Operational Prerequisite Programmes
- Note: Homework and suggested reading is offered at the end of each learning module.
- The HACCP Team and HACCP Team Leader
- Scope and Terms of Reference
- Product and Process Description
- Intended Use
- Construction and On-site Confirmation of the Process
- Flow Diagram
- The CODEX 3 stages of Hazard Analysis
- Critical Control Points
- Operational and Critical Limits
- Corrective Actions
- Validation versus Validation
- HACCP Documentation and Records
- Maintenance of the HACCP System
- Discussion and Review
- Written Examination
Days 1 – 4: 9.15am – 3:15pm
Day 5: 9.15am – 4.45pm (exam at 2.00pm)
Please note Days 1-4 must be completed to sit the examination on Day 5.
Members: £166 + VAT, per day, Non-Members: £232 + VAT, per day
Students: Contact the SOFHT Office
Course Book: £38 + VAT, (inc P&P)
Online Exam Fee: £80, plus VAT
Online Platform: Zoom