The Commission Regulation (EU) 2017/2158 took effect from 11th April 2018.
All food business operators (FBOs) will be required to put in place simple practical steps to manage acrylamide within their food safety management systems. This will ensure that acrylamide levels are as low as reasonably achievable in their food.
First Session – Bob Witney – NSF International
- Taking the necessary steps to mitigate acrylamide formation in the food produced; adopting the relevant measures as part of the food safety management procedures.
- Undertaking representative sampling and analysis where appropriate, to monitor the levels of acrylamide in the products as part of the assessment of the mitigation measures.
- Keeping appropriate records of the mitigation measures undertaken, together with sampling plans and results of any testing.
- Although the new legislation applies to all FBOs the measures are proportionate to the nature and size of the business, to ensure that small and micro-businesses are not burdened.
- The requirements differ for manufacturers; larger centrally controlled and supplied chains; local and independent FBOs selling food directly to the consumer or directly into local retail. The requirements are unusual in that they do not set maximum levels but are intended to reduce acrylamide in different foods by the application of mitigation measures.
Second Session – Dionisis Theodosis – Eurofins
- Analysis of acrylamide, methodology and results.
- An overview of the analytical methods used for the determination of acrylamide.
Are there any limitations?
- Method performance requirements set by EU and EFSA guidelines. How these are achieved, monitored and what customers need to check before deciding on testing supplier.
- Results reporting, variation and uncertainty, plus interpretation against guidelines.
- Sample testing – cooked or not cooked? homogenised or not? As sold or as consumed?
Places are limited to 25 delegates to ensure that this remains an intimate and informative 1/2 day programme for all.
RATES: £50 + VAT (Members), £85 + VAT (Non-members), £15 +VAT (Students) per delegate
VENUE: SOFHT Office, The Granary, Middleton House Farm, Tamworth Road, Middleton. B78 2BD
Continental breakfast buffet and Certificate of Attendance are included in the price.