Reports to: Sales Director – Country
Location: Field Based
Purpose of the position
The Business Development Manager (BDM) will deliver new business revenue from an agreed product stream or supporting streams. This role will be required to collaborate, influence and sell a product or service that is market ready. You will then introduce and sell that product or service into the targeted segment with a view to growing repeat business and wallet share.
Responsible for identifying and managing sales opportunities, building an in-depth understanding of a client’s current and future business needs and drivers.
Position the BSI Agri- Food value proposition, how BSI products and services assisting organisations to improve by Making Excellence a Habit.
Deliver sales excellence by managing every step of the sales process to a successful conclusion.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities
- Proactively network with new and existing customers to sell BSI products and services.
- Identify new prospects to grow the BSI customer base through targeted calls to generate sales revenue in line with business targets.
- Execute BSI sales process to investigate, explore and understand customer needs in order to sell relevant products/services.
- Identify relevant resources required and provide a timeline for delivery to meet customer requirements and proactively solve any customer issues.
- Routinely review sales activity and quality KPIs, based on sales ratios to plan future sales activities to deliver on financial and activity targets.
- Manage potential through account and opportunity management to develop sales pipeline.
- Produce accurate sales forecasts in a timely manner.
- Record key customer data in a standardised and consistent manner (10 key data fields).
- Schedule customer contacts, proactively manage leads and opportunities.
- Use relevant collateral to illustrate how a range of BSI products meet identified customer needs
- Accurately record sales and order information in the CRM.
- Articulate why BSI is their client’s best provider due to its unique history, structure and role in the food standards, training and assurance.
- Apply product features and benefits to customers’ needs necessary to close business.
- Apply knowledge of the Agri-Food sector to close business by understanding potential client needs, issues, and aspirations and articulate how BSI products can assist potential clients achieve their goals.
- Apply knowledge of competitors to explain the full business advantages of BSI products.
- Possess a deeper and wider knowledge of the products/services of BSI and their application to the Agri-Food sector. Use reporting function of sales tools to aid account management and new business development.
- Strong telephone communication skills.
- Ability to create effective proposals and produce/deliver presentations as required.
- Accurately define requirements, including buying process, budget, positioning vs competition and actual circumstances which positively affect potential sales. Ability to identify further and future opportunities.
- Able to question effectively to gain a deeper understanding of customer needs within Food Agri-Food to identify up-selling opportunities. Able to provide a range of targeted solutions to the customer.
- Accurately summarise customer needs. Identify BSI product or service. Get customer agreement to price and delivery.
- Ability to handle objections. Use knowledge and experience to provide compelling answers.
- Gain customer commitment before progressing. Identify key customer drivers to close business.
- Ensure understanding of business and personal value of BSI product/service to the customer.
- Able to plan on a short term basis (1-3 months) to achieve immediate performance goals.
- Ensure area of responsibility is delivering to plan.
- Identify and propose changes/solutions to drive and increase targeted delivery.
Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications
- Degree level, equivalent education or proven experience of sustained over achievement in a new business sales environment;
- Tertiary or professional exposure to the Agri-Food sector through logistics, FMCG, Manufacturing or agriculture/aquaculture.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as good interpersonal skills;
- Proven track record of significantly exceeding targets and expectations;
- Proven ability in closing business to business sales and winning new customers;
- Excellent sales, negotiation and presentation skills;
- Demonstrable self-sufficiency in sales activities;
- Entrepreneurial relationship and business development skills;
- Ability to successfully encourage the customers to expand product range;
- Ability to develop executive level relationships and engage with the customer to establish an understanding of their business drivers and how BSI can enable them to become more efficient;
- Able to communicate complex technical issues;
- Excellent organisational and problem solving skills;
- Self-motivated and adaptable to be able to work with minimal supervision;
- Clear understanding of modern selling techniques and ability to use them;
- Experience of working in a KPI driven environment.
Closing Date: Sunday 23rd July
Applications: Please click here to apply online.
Salary : Up to £45k basic plus competitive commission and company car