Reports to: EMEA Head of Product and Delivery Support
Location: Home based with regular travel
Band: Operational Delivery
Date: June 2017
Purpose of the position
- To provide the technical support to EMEA Region to ensure scheme requirements are implemented in the region in accordance with the product delivery and respective accreditation requirements and interface with the global scheme managers to ensure regional concerns are adequately addressed in the global scheme requirements.
- To facilitate the effective and efficient management of the food scheme deployed by BSI on a regional basis.
- To be a technical focal point in the region to support internal and external clients regarding food scheme operation and compliance.
- The aim is to ensure consistent and compliant delivery to our customers while remaining compliant with accreditation requirements for the food scheme.
- To deliver Agri-Food public training course and in-house training solutions to the BSI standards of excellence, in order to develop knowledge and skills
- To conduct on site assessments against the requirements of food related standards or specifications with necessary reporting and close out of non-conformities
- To review assessment reports of other audits conducted by other food scheme auditors and make recommendations for certification decisions
- To promote the BSI food product offering and solutions to our clients with the view of improving their business performance, managing risk and ‘making excellence a habit’.
- To support the commercial development of growth in these product areas and support the development of the resources within the region for their products areas.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Act as regional champion for food scheme and bridge gap between the global expectations and the local implementation.
- Provide inputs to global scheme management regional concerns in relation to technical and commercial aspects.
- Work collaboratively with global scheme managers to ensure annual scheme performance review is completed with improvement opportunities identified.
- Ensure updated available delivery resources capability in the region and provide support to develop country level delivery resources.
- Support the Regional Head of C&R and Operations to ensure all technical and commercial issues are adequately addressed at the regional and local level including working with marketing and sales to develop the sales growth and operational resources in the food sector.
- Support and maintain effective relationship with accreditation bodies working with Regional Head of Compliance & Accreditation.
- Ensure that a resource plan exists and is maintained across the region in the food sector and support the development of resources.
- Provide technical support to ensure consistency of interpretation and application to service delivery processes and scheme management ensuring simplification and flexibility of qualification.
- Establish and maintain documented information, including scheme manuals, interpretation documents, tools and mechanisms for supporting delivery of the food schemes.
- Determine training requirements for certification personnel and work collaboratively with assessor and tutor academy team to develop training materials and manage the co-ordination and the roll out within the region.
- Training and mentoring of assessment staff within the EMEA region as necessary.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and marketing events; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Delivering own assessment work to develop trainees and to keep up to date with current product needs and current skillset of client management and assessment skills.
Please click here for further information and a full job description.
Closing date for applications: 6th August 2017
Applications: Please click here to apply online.
Salary: From £52k (depending on experience)