Location: ALS Laboratories (UK) Limited, Chatteris
Reports to: Group Quality & Consultancy Manager, Food & Pharmaceutical UK
About the Position
This position is responsible to ensure the Chemistry departments are in compliance with the Quality Management System in place and to enforce the best technical service to clients. This includes implementing and ensuring compliance with the documented quality system, resolving internal and client data technical / quality issues in conjunction with Laboratory Managers, reviewing quality control data for trends, responding to client’s technical concerns and proactively reviewing laboratory processes for improvements. This position manages a team of Quality Officers.
- Manage day-to-day activities of the Quality Management team;
- Train new staff and manages training records;
- Prepare and deliver performance reviews, actively manage employee performance;
- Communicate and ensure adherence to ALS employment and safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the records and systems in place;
- Ensure the maintenance of the Equipment database and the QMS database;
- Perform new staff quality orientation / induction;
- Perform training to the site departments;
- Produce periodic quality reports to management;
- Observe established safety regulations and comply with all ALS health and safety policies and procedures.
Quality Documentation, Meetings, and Reviews:
- Chair technical and quality meetings, including the yearly quality management review;
- Review updates, and manage distribution of quality documentation to ensure compliance with internal and external requirements as per the ALS procedures;
- Manage the site accreditation including extension to scope, liaising with accreditation bodies, scheduling audits and resolving non-conformances;
- Manage external inspections / visits, liaising with clients / suppliers, scheduling audits and resolving non-conformances;
- Proactively review procedures and processes and provide input on their quality and reliability to the laboratory;
- Review and compile summary information from the QMS database to track and resolve trends;
- Produce periodic quality reports to management and attend management operations meetings as required.
- Investigate and resolve client technical concerns while proactively managing escalations;
- Communicate with clients on investigation outcomes;
- Assemble summary reports on multiple, serious and/or systematic errors, and on complex investigations and corrective actions for clients and/or management;
- Agree laboratory corrective actions resulting from technical investigations;
- Generate and evaluate comparison data for statistical trends, biases or problems.
Continuous improvement and Monitoring:
- Ensure the review of quality control data for trends, biases or problems;
- Ensure validation procedures are completed for new and existing analytical methods;
- Manage the site internal and vertical audit programs and provide training to new auditors;
- Act as a liaison between external auditors and ALS laboratories;
- Follow up on audit action items, review audit results for recurring issues and ensure timely resolution of identified issues with local management;
- Review and manage the proficiency testing requirements;
- Manage completion and effectiveness checks of all corrective and preventive actions;
- Manage Change Control and Risk Management processes when required;
- Manage and reports the QMS site KPI’s to management.
- Manage validation work at Group level when required;
- Be involved in UK Projects to deliver system and solutions for improvement at group level;
- Liaise, communicate with, and advise the senior management when required;
- Work closely with the Compliance Manager – Food & Pharmaceutical, Food Microbiology Quality Manager and Pharmaceutical Quality Manager when required.
The ideal candidate would have:
- B.Sc. in Sciences;
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a quality department;
- Previous supervisory experience required;
- Previous customer service experience preferred;
- Track records on delivering projects in time.
To be successful in this role you will also be:
- Excellent computer skills including MS Excel and MS Word;
- Excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent clerical accuracy; very high attention to detail and methodical approach to the task;
- Knowledge of analytical procedures, analytical and quality systems;
- A confident, personable, people–oriented personality;
- Knowledge and experience with basic statistics;
- Ability to effectively handle escalations and time critical issues.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and skilled person looking to develop their career in an international company. Attractive remuneration and benefits can be available dependant on performance.
Looking for further details?
Please address your cover letter and resume to: Salvatore.Munago@alsglobal.com
Closing date 6th August 2021