Company: Sandwich/cold eating snack business
Job Title: Technical Manager
One of TQS Food Consulting’s clients is currently looking to recruit a Technical Manager for a sandwich/cold-eating snack business. The business is about to embark upon a new factory investment and is looking to recruit.
If you know of anybody that might be interested, is currently seeking a career move, please do let us know and we can link people up.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Degree educated in Food Technology, Microbiology or equivalent and a formal qualification in HACCP.
- Will need to be currently working as a Technical Manager within a fast-paced environment.
- 5 + years’ experience in food / drink manufacture and food safety management Technical knowledge in several different product categories – including chilled.
- Proven track record of BRC Standard implementation, systems maintenance, quality systems and audits – preferably with formal qualification in auditing of process controls and quality system.
- A passion for food and delivering fantastic products
- Drive the technical agenda to evolve the business from an established SALSA accredited entity to BRC A Grade – transitioning from a small to a medium sized manufacturer.
- Define and deliver the Technical strategy, evolution and agenda for the business
- Be the Quality and Food Safety champion for the site and manage the transition from the current urban site to a purpose built white box.
- Develop the Food Safety and Quality systems ensuring they are compliant with customer codes of practice and relevant 3rd party standards
- Deliver the company’s vision and values within the technical team, practising and cascading the principles and philosophies.
- Ensure that relationships are developed internally, with suppliers & customers
- Responsible for driving the culture of a safe workplace.
Responsibilities – including but not limited to:
- Lead the development of a site integrity plan to deliver BRC Standard and maintain document control and accessibility
- To advise and lead on legal, safety and quality standards (including managing of quality taste panels) for customer codes of practices and BRC adherence.
- Provide practical support on HACCP compliance, managing and coordinating procedures within the Quality Management System.
- Implementing and retaining high technical standards across all brand categories
- Manage the non-conformances, through establishing of a comprehensive database, trending information and following up on repetitive issues.
- Lead the resolution of product complaints, non-conformances, and customer queries
- To prepare and manage customer and 3rd party audits, to maintain the company standards of accreditation and customer approval
- To lead raw material improvements from the supply base
- To manage and evaluate new raw material trials throughout the factory
- Work closely with procurement around new raw materials and with NPD around value engineering exercise
- Responsible for pest control across the whole site
- Support the NPD and Operations teams in product development, raising concerns to the relevant parties early in the process
- Support the introduction of new products to ensure that quality, consistency, food safety and quality aspects are managed in a timely fashion
- To provide direction to direct reports, managing and facilitating staff performance
- Create an environment that embraces a positive culture of development
- To support in the development of a food safety awareness and quality culture to all employees
A competitive salary of around £50,000+ pa.
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
PS – We are not acting as a recruiter in this regard, just trying to link folk together – No recruiters please.
Closing date: 31st July 2017