This one-day accredited course is supported by Allergy UK, which regards it as suitable staff training for catering outlets that wish to apply for its Allergy Aware Scheme. It will provide delegates with the knowledge and understanding relating to the control of food ingredients including allergens, at all stages of food purchase and production.
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at individuals responsible for the purchase, delivery, production and serving of food in the catering industry and those who own/manage a small catering business.
- The role of Managers in ensuring that food ingredients and allergens are effectively managed to prevent cross contamination on the premises
- Effective communication and training of staff
- 14 major serious allergens and their substitution in recipes
- Risk management including allergen audits compared to food safety audits
- Good practice including the reporting of incidents and near misses
- Physiology of an anaphylactic reaction, how it differs from food intolerances and auto-immune conditions
- New labelling legislation and changes to pre-packed foods for direct sale (PPDS)
- Unique selling point of benefits to the business of providing for the free-from customer.
This qualification is assessed by a multiple-choice question paper.
Prices: Members: £166, plus VAT, Non-Members: £232, plus VAT, Students: £60, plus VAT
Examination Fee: £19.00, plus VAT
Course Book: £4.00, plus VAT
Time: 9:00am – 4:30pm
Venue: SOFHT Training Centre, The Long Barn, Hurley Hall Barns, Nr Atherstone, Warwickshire, CV9 2HT.